Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hillebz made the Local Blog Roundup!

I am proud to say that the Hillebrities have made it onto the Seattlest blog. I have been reading the Seattlest for about 8 months now and It keeps me up to date on whats happening in Seattle. I usually just skim over the local blog roundup, because my Seattle bike blog never got any love (except everywhere else in the world).
Here is what the Seattlest said about us:

"We don't know whether to laugh loudly or shake our heads and cry about the latest local blog--Capitol Hillebrities. Like the egos of Capitol Hill hipsters aren't big enough on they're own. Still, it was only a matter of time before someone started taking party photos on The Hill....apparently that time has come."

Well I can't say it is very flattering write-up, but here at Hillebz we love haters. Apparently, we have come off as hipsters. Can we please think of a different word? I really hate the word hipster. I think once Urban outfitters is selling shirts with that word on it, then It should be immediately be stricken from everyones vocabulary. I wish I had one of those MIB flashy thingies so I could wipe everyone memory clean. I feel as though it is just a hot word which is easy to throw out to mock someone. Just like scenester and emo before it. Hot words come and go like the seasons, so i'm not really that bothered by them. I'm just wondering which word is around the corner. Hillebrities maybe..?



here is a way to tell a hipster from a hillebrity.



thanks captothehill for the heads-up.

6 comments:

  1. Maybe hipster should be put into retirement like def was in the 90s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. anytime, baby, anytime.

    is hillster too close?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't mean for the write up to be unflattering. I'm stoked my neighborhood has it's own party photographer and blog. I look forward to checking Capitolhillebrities every day and seeing who I recognize in the photos.

    I agree hipster is probably a word that should be retired, but I don't know another to describe the fashion and lifestyle asthetic common to the Hill.

    Also... so sorry I missed your bike blog! It's been addded to my list of neighborhood blogs to check for the roundup!

    xo, abbey of Seattlest

    ReplyDelete
  4. also, sorry for not running spell check on that comment. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shouldn't writers, of all people, have developed their faculties enough to be able to describe fashion on the hill in more than one word? I cringe when I hear the word 'hipster,' nearly as painfully as when I hear the word 'arty' - for example, "This painting is sooo arty. . . "

    Ugh.

    ReplyDelete